Some HLS students find that internships evolve naturally from the ties they make through their research or out in the community. There are plenty of other ways to land an internship, too. Staff at the Walter Center for Career Achievement can help you explore the possibilities and coach you through the application and interview process.
At the Hamilton Lugar School, you may apply to receive academic credit for your internship (paid or unpaid). This credit may apply to your degree requirements.
You are not required to apply for credit although some employers may require that you enroll in a course. Students who need more course credits also may wish to inquire about earning this type of credit.
You earn the credit by applying to:
- SGIS X373, Internship in Global and International Studies (1-3 credits)
Deadlines to apply:
- Spring semester: Feb. 1
- Summer: June 1
- Fall semester: Oct. 1
Documentation required after completion of internship:
- Self-Evaluation: submit Site Evaluation including Journal and Reflection
- Internship Employer Evaluation Form
Summer Internships 2019
Various Positions - Museum of the History of Polish Jews (POLIN)
POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw, Poland provides unprecedented access and expertise to the study of the Holocaust and the entire history of Polish Jews in an interactive setting. The Museum supports many fields of research and works with the broader community to encourage the exchange of ideas and multiple viewpoints.
Communications position: Write and proofread articles written in English destined for publication on POLIN Museum’s websites and social media. Conduct research into tourism and monitor news published about the museum. Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Third or fourth year students pursuing a major or minor in the Hamilton Lugar School
- Fluent in English
- Interested in writing
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the history of Poland and Jewish studies, and a desire to contribute to the museum's programs
|Application Deadline: March 17, 2019
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Housing: Recommendations available upon intern's request
Duration: May–Aug 2019
• Cover letter
• Unofficial IU transcript
• Recommendation letter (preferably from an HLS faculty member)
Send application pagkage to: firstname.lastname@example.org