Some HLS students find that internships evolve naturally from the ties they make through their research or out in the community. There are plenty of other ways to land an internship, too. Staff at the Walter Center for Career Achievement can help you explore the possibilities and coach you through the application and interview process.
At the Hamilton Lugar School, you may apply to receive academic credit for your internship (paid or unpaid). This credit may apply to your degree requirements.
You are not required to apply for credit although some employers may require that you enroll in a course. Students who need more course credits also may wish to inquire about earning this type of credit.
You earn the credit by applying to:
- SGIS X373, Internship in Global and International Studies (1-3 credits)
Deadlines to apply:
- Spring semester: Feb. 1
- Summer: June 1
- Fall semester: Oct. 1
Documentation required after completion of internship:
- Self-Evaluation: submit Site Evaluation including Journal and Reflection
- Internship Employer Evaluation Form
Summer Internships 2020
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, or other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually-driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
Please apply through WRI’s Careers Page by following the links to each internship posting:
- Stakeholder engagement. Coordinate meetings and email exchanges to ensure regular engagement with funded partnerships, finalists, potential applicants, and other stakeholders.
- Data management and Monitoring & Evaluation. Organize information submitted by selected partnerships and partnership applicants. Track partnerships’ quarterly progress updates and deliverables, as well as opportunities to accelerate partnerships. Aggregate data for program-wide reporting. Assist in analysis of data as necessary.
- Project administration. Assist in the administration of the application review process and ongoing partnership support activities. Prepare briefings and materials for stakeholders such as P4G country partners, partner organizations, and Board.
- Planning and logistics. Prepare materials for Partnerships Team presentations and meetings. Assist with coordination of partnership participation in the 2020 P4G Summit.
- Assisting with executing strategic engagement plans for the program, working with program engagement staff and leadership to identify high-priority projects and highlight NCE research analysis and experts
- Coordinating inputs to the NCE engagement and commissioner calendars
- Managing and maintaining the Engagement Tracker including country related engagements
- Collaborating with WRI engagement and NCE staff on strategy, management and implementation
- Assisting in quick research and synthesis of materials, and in organizing, analyzing and presenting relevant data
- Supporting events for publication launches, roundtable discussions, and other announcements
- Coordinating outreach to partners and stakeholders via email communications, events, and other opportunities
- Supporting development of compelling fundraising materials, including proposals and presentations
- Drafting briefings, talking points and PowerPoints for engagement activities including specifics asks from the NCE Commissioners