Each semester, Hamilton Lugar School Global Consulting (HLSGDC) complete a consulting project for an international development organization. Through this opportunity, students:
- Gain valuable professional skills including leadership, teamwork, organization, and more!
- Network with other students and international development organizations
- Contribute meaningfully to an international development project
Each semester begins with an orientation and training where students meet the client and learn about the project to be completed. They also gain knowledge about the context of the work and skills necessary to complete the project. Throughout the semester, students meet once a week to discuss progress and plans for the upcoming week.
Participation in HLSGDC can be combined with internship credit
- The beginning of the semester includes a few meetings for training and orientation (approx 7 hours)
- During the semester, students spend about 5 hours a week on the project, weekly meetings with their team (approx. 1 hour), two larger group meetings (approx 2 hours), and a Tobias Center Research Symposium Presentation
Fall 2023 Call Out Meeting:
Learn More about HLSGDC, Wednesday August 23rd, GISB (3067 at 6:00pm)