Each semester, Hamilton Lugar School Global Consultants (HLSGC) complete a consulting project for an international development organization. Through this opportunity, students:
- Gain valuable professional skills including leadership, teamwork, organization, and more!
- Network with other students and international development organizations
- Contribute meaningfully to an international development project
Each semester begins with an orientation and training where students meet the client and learn about the project to be completed. They also gain knowledge about the context of the work and skills necessary to complete the project. Throughout the semester, students meet once a week to discuss progress and plans for the upcoming week.
Participation in HLCGC can be combined with internship credit
- The beginning of the semester includes a few meetings for training and orientation (approx 7 hours)
- During the semester, students spend about 5 hours a week on the project
Fall Call-out Meeting: Save the Date!
Learn more about HLSGC this fall, Friday August 26 at 3pm, GISB 2067