As part of the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research, LSSSE has been a provider of research products and services centered on the study of the law student experience since 2004. Through our consulting services, we help law schools maximize the usefulness of their survey data and their assessment activities. Through our research functions, we are a source of macro-level, empirical information about the law student experience.
Since 2004, 200 law schools in the U.S. (181), Canada (17), and Australia (2) have administered the LSSSE Survey, eliciting over 350,000 student responses—the largest such dataset in existence.
LSSSE adheres to the following core values:
- Responsiveness in meeting the needs of law schools and clients
- Diligence in voicing the student perspective
- Vigilance in remaining abreast of salient trends in legal education
- Openness in fostering strategic partnerships
- Dedication in working for the betterment of legal education