There are two paths to becoming a Hamilton Lugar School student: direct admission and standard admission. No matter which path is best for you, there are a two steps that kickstart the process.
- Apply to attend Indiana University.
- Selecting one of eight Hamilton Lugar School majors: Central Eurasian Studies, Cybersecurity & Global Policy, East Asian Languages & Cultures, East Asian Studies, International Studies, International Law & Institutions, and Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
Your next step is certifying into the Hamilton Lugar School. As we mentioned, you can be accepted for direct admission into the school, or you can get a feel for college life before entering from University Division.
Direct admission requirements
- Indicate a Hamilton Lugar major on your application
- Earn the required test score: 28 (ACT); 1310 (SAT)
- Earn a cumulative high school GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
If you were admitted to IU Bloomington and met all but one of the eligibility criteria, you can petition for direct admission to HLS. Contact email@example.com to learn more about this process and its deadlines.
University Division requirements
- Complete 26 credit hours of coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Satisfy the CASE English Composition requirement
Click here to see how your credits count