After five long months, we will soon welcome you back to the Hamilton Lugar School and Indiana University. You are embarking on this journey in an unprecedented moment of global challenge. It's a moment from which you and your classmates will emerge as leaders of a new era—one requiring resilience, adaptability, and commitment to global engagement. I want to reassure you that all of us, the dedicated faculty and staff of the Hamilton Lugar School, will be with you every step of the way, providing the support, skills, and tools you need to build a global career in a post-COVID world.
You're ready for this, and we're ready for you.
We'll be in touch frequently throughout August, but here are a few items to get on your radar:
- Race, Gender & Power in Global Affairs: Our new speaker series begins next month with panels on women of color in advancing peace and security and Black voices in international studies.
- Global Leaders & Professionals Program: It's never too early to start preparing for life after graduation. Join the Fall 2020 cohort to get the nuts-and-bolts of landing internships, networking, and building a successful career. Deadline: August 10
Speaking of preparing for a global career, have you rounded out your fall schedule? We've put together some fantastic courses for the special sessions that we think you'll love. Bonus: these courses are all free with fall semester tuition!
Fall Intersession (Aug. 10–19)
- CEUS-R 299: Great Firewalls of China (in-person with online option)
- INTL-I 212: Black Lives Matter as a Global Movement
- SGIS-S 200: Women in International Affairs
- SGIS-S 300: Global Careers
- SGIS-S 300: Global Issues Affecting Local Communities
- SGIS-S 300: Global Service: Your Next Steps
- SGIS-S 300: Op-Ed Writing for Global Policy Debates
- SGIS-S 300: Visualization: Basic Tools and Techniques
- INTL-I 499/I-545: The History and Development of International Criminal Tribunals
- AFRI-X 391/L-506: Introduction to Arabic Language and Culture
- AFRI-X 390/A-500: YouTubing the Middle East: Learning, Reflecting and Enjoying
Check out the Course Spotlight page via the #GetHLS hub to see the all the course details, as well as links to iGPS.
As always, please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns. We also welcome your ideas on ways to make this fall semester a special one.
Coming up next: social events, university and school resources, additional course spotlights
Be well and be safe,